Thursday, April 8, 2010

Go Somewhere Else

I'm not going to make a habit of doing this, but I wanted to direct people to two places other than The Backside of America.

1) This great article from the Boston Globe about the long-defunct Ridge Hill Farms amusement park/zoo/entertainment complex that once straddled Needham and Wellesley, Mass. I'd never heard of this place before, and was thrilled to see the author (the always terrific H.D.S. Greenway) provided specific locales where remnants of this park exist. I tried to access the remains of the park today but kept hitting dead ends. One of the roads mentioned in the article is private, and had a security vehicle parked in plain sight today, perhaps because of the article. I'll have to work out a better plan for a future visit.

2) The blog of Backside contributor Joe Viger, in which he provides his usual fantastic photos and a little history of Grand Lake, Colorado's Spider House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...