Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Evergone Market

From Dave Brigham:

I bet this place was great in its heyday. I picture Sam the Butcher from "The Brady Bunch" slicing meats for all the fine folks of the Harvard and Porter square neighborhoods of Cambridge, Mass. Located on Massachusetts Avenue, Evergood Market closed in 2016 after 67 years in business, according to this Cambridge Day article. That article, from late 2017, indicates that the owner was "in negotiations with a butcher and grocer to occupy the space."

I took this picture a few months back and evidently nothing has changed since that article was written. Will a locally owned market spring up here again? I certainly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...