Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Is It Safe?

From Dave Brigham:

Such a nice building on a lovely day, no? The bluer-than-blue sky above, and reflected in the windows is just so nice, yes? Still, I am uneasy with the name etched into this building in Boston's Fenway neighborhood: The Forsyth Dental Infirmary for Children. Yes, I know it's just a place where doctors took care of kids' teeth. And I find it admirable that the infirmary was founded in 1914 by rich industrialists to focus on the "oral health needs of Boston’s disadvantaged children." But when I think of dental practices from a hundred years ago, practiced in an imposing facility, I just think of the potential for pain and horror and mishap.

This building is now home to the Barnett Institute for Chemical & Biological Analysis at Northeastern University.

Here's your headline explainer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...