Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shave and a Haircut, No Bits

From Dave Brigham:

Legion Barber Shop #1

This poor old barber shop in the Upper Falls neighborhood of Newton, Mass., has been vacant for years, possibly as many as 15, according to this article.

I am sad and confused when I come across a building, be it a house, a restaurant or a barber shop, that's abandoned and yet filled with stuff. This place looks like Floyd the barber could step inside and start cutting hair after running a dust cloth over the place for a few minutes.

I wonder who owns it, and why they haven't sold it so somebody could install a jewelry shop or organic sandwich place. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Shire of Worcester, Part the Fourth

From Dave Brigham: I explore plenty of gritty neighborhoods in service of this blog, but I rarely get the chance to make photos of strip c...