Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cool Stones

From Dave Brigham:

My son loves the Boston subway system. He and I regularly go on trips, mostly on the Green line, which features above-ground trolleys that eventually go underground. I like going on the trips, but once in a while I decide that I need to get something more out of our journeys than just a good slice of pizza and a chance to people watch.

On a recent jaunt, I told him that we could go watch trolleys near Boston College, but that in return he needed to join me on a photo shoot. After consulting Google Maps, I learned about Evergreen Cemetery, which is just a few minutes from where we looked at trains.

I found some unique grave markers.

Cannon

(War veteran gravestone. Yes, that's a cannon.)

Pink

(I don't know what kind of stone this is, but it's impressive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...