Friday, January 13, 2012

Peaceful Rest

From Dave Brigham:

I don't have much to say about these pictures. They were taken at the Mt. Feake Cemetery in Waltham, MA. I don't shoot black-and-white much, but this place, on a cold, gray day, seemed like a good opportunity to practice those skills.

I call this picture "Class conflict," because of the two simple, low-slung stones looking up at the obelisk behind them.


Class conflict

In this one, I like the juxtaposition of the cracked sign with the proud, elegant statue behind it.


River Avenue

There are so many neat grave markers with cool patterns worn in over decades and centuries of wind and foul weather.


Thy will be done

I like the variety that this shot showcases.


Old stones

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...