Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Don't Do Urbex, But These Guys Do

From Dave Brigham:

Although I've been fascinated by the backside of America for much of my life, I only started taking pictures and writing about it two years ago. If I'd started documenting abandoned factories, railroad tracks, diners, houses, amusement parks and other out-of-the-way places before I had kids, I would have been totally into urban exploration.

But with a 9-year-old and a 4-year-old, I'm not willing to risk injury or arrest in pursuit of adventure and some cool photos. Call me a chicken, and I won't disagree. I really want to slip through fences and see what's going on behind the collapsing walls and smashed windows. But I don't think fast on my feet, and worry about my ability to talk myself out of trouble.

But thankfully, people like the folks who are making the "Crack the Surface" series of short documentaries are out there exploring the places that many of us wonder about, but are afraid to, or unable to, venture into.

Below is episode two of the "Crack the Surface" series. It features footage shot over six weeks in New York, Indianapolis, Chicago, Las Vegas, Minneapolis and Montreal.

Enjoy!

Crack The Surface - Episode II from SilentUK on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...