Wednesday, June 15, 2016

UPDATE: Price of Gas

From Dave Brigham:

Not long after I wrote about the long-abandoned former Waltham (Mass.) Gas Company site, the city council approved a 260-unit luxury apartment complex at that location (see February 7, 2015, "The Price of Gas"). I had no idea at the time that a developer had proposed this project, but in my article I speculated that something was afoot because the State of Massachusetts had recently demolished an old railroad trestle and begun adding a walkway along the nearby Charles River.

This is what the site looked like in late 2014/early 2015:

And here's a shot I took recently:

Below is a shot looking north from Pine Street, where there will be another entrance to the project.

Read this article for more on the development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...