Monday, March 9, 2015

Chewed Up, Spit Out

From Kristen Smith:

It's good to welcome Kristen Smith back to the Backside! She's contributed some great stuff over the years (I've linked to some at the bottom of this post), and this post is no different. Amazing shots from Wyoming and Idaho. Enjoy! -- D.B.

As you drive into the Gros Ventre section of Grand Teton National Park you'll come across this abandoned homestead with a world-class view. I don't know who tried to ranch here or what he tried to raise, but Wyoming chewed him up and spit him out.

On our way into the Jedediah Smith National Forest in Idaho, I saw this abandoned cabin on a spur road. There were no trespassing signs up so I did what I could with it. I like the black empty sockets of the windows and so playing with the processing seemed to work well to show up the bleak quality of the scene.

Another semi-cliche shot of Grand Teton through the window of a derelict cabin in the Bridger-Teton national forest.

Here are some other posts of Kristen's:

Demolition -- Par for the Course

Nice Little House

Roadside Attractions?

Lost Bomber

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Shire of Worcester, Part the Fourth

From Dave Brigham: I explore plenty of gritty neighborhoods in service of this blog, but I rarely get the chance to make photos of strip c...