Thursday, May 8, 2014

What's In a Named Building (Part 3)?

From Dave Brigham:

In December, I posted the first part of my Named Buildings series (see December 26, 2013, "What's In a Named Building? (Part 1)"). In March, I put up part two (see March 13, 2014, "What's In a Named Building? (Part 2)"). That post featured several buildings on the south side of Beacon Street in Brookline, Mass.

This installment features buildings from the north side of that street.

I was unable to find out anything about this building.

Or this building.

Or this one.

Or this one. Bummer.

Stoneholm is my favorite building in Greater Boston. Built in 1907, it features 32 units with "soaring ceilings, rich crown molding and magnificent European crystal chandeliers," according to the building manager's web site. Despite its style and elegance (and price tag), I like to picture silent film stars living here in faded opulence, alongside down-at-the-heel bluebloods.

Again, no info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...