Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Link in the Chain

From Dave Brigham:

Nice spot for a restaurant, don'tcha think?

Designed by prominent American architect H.H. Richardson (Boston's Trinity Church, Chicago's Marshall Field store), this old train station in Framingham, Mass., has been empty for a while. Over the years there have been many restaurants there, but they've had a hard time making it in a huge building with little parking.

But local restaurateurs Don and Daryl Levy are in the process of turning it into the third spot in their "Deluxe" chain. The Levys have owned Watertown's Deluxe Town Diner for years; a few years ago they opened the Deluxe Station Diner in Newton Center's beautiful old train station, which was designed in the Richardson style by Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge.

Slated to open this month, the Deluxe Depot Diner will serve all-day breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner. I've been to both the Watertown and Newton diners, and can say they're pretty good spots. So I look forward to hitting this spot in the near future.

I hope that by the time I get there, they've cleared this stuff off the back stairs.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first restaurant that was there - rich dark shiny wood, - it was very elegant. Had business parties there. I am excited to hear it is going to be under such good management. I wish them well since the south side of Framingham has less than a sterling reputation. I for sure will try it!

    ReplyDelete

A Sharp Old Factory in Collinsville, CT

From Dave Brigham: Before exploring Collinsville, CT, earlier this year, I think the last (and only) time I'd been there was in the ...