Thursday, March 24, 2011

Working In a Coal Mine

I've been anxious to publish Michael Cevoli's pictures for quite some time now. Due to his busy schedule, my time spent promoting my first book and some back-and-forth on just which pictures to publish when, the process has taken longer than I'd hoped. But finally I'm ready to feature the first of what I hope will be many posts from him.

Based in Providence, RI, Cevoli is a graduate of the master's program at the Rhode Island School of Design. The photos below are part of his thesis work at RISD. He is slated to show some of his work at a museum in Poland this year.

The photos below were all taken in Pennsylvania. I think they're great. I hope you do, too. -- Dave Brigham



From Michael Cevoli:

Open Mine, Ashley, PA

Open Mine, Ashley, PA

Drag Line, Darkwater, PA

Drag Line, Darkwater, PA

Coal Breaker, Ashley, PA

Coal Breaker, Ashley, PA

Patch Housing, Ashland, PA

Patch Housing, Ashland, PA

Family Shrine, Byrnesville, PA

Family Shrine, Byrnesville, PA

Coal Fire, Locust Mountain, PA

Coal Fire, Locust Mtn., PA

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...