Saturday, May 15, 2010

Truck With No Name

Desert Truck

By Kristen Alvarez:

(Backside of America friend Kristen Alvarez took the above photo and many more during a recent hiking trip in Utah. We welcome this great shot, and her write-up, and hope to see more from her in the future -- ed.)



This photo was taken just as my friends and I left the "town" of Thompson Springs, Utah, and headed towards Sego Canyon, where the petroglyphs were maybe 3 miles off the major highway of I-70. I had never heard of this place, nor had any of my friends, but my traveling partner Ben had heard of it. I did not know there was a ghost town further up the road or I would have gone to see it. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...