Thursday, February 27, 2020

Shoot It If You Got It

From Mr. Smoke Too Much:

Last fall, at a presentation at the Newton Camera Club, I learned an important lesson: if you find something you like, shoot the hell out of it.

And so I did, this past Thanksgiving, when I was staying at a hotel in Windsor, CT.

I shot this lovely old tobacco barn once before (see September 20, 2017, "One-Stop Barnstorming Tour"). This time around, I got a little more up close and personal.

This property is home to Foundation Cigar Company, which, in the video below, claims the land is "one of the oldest tobacco fields in Connecticut." The video features this barn.

The company's founder and owner, Nick Melillo, wants to bring the tobacco industry back in the Nutmeg State, as he told the local NBC affiliate last year.

Foundation isn't growing tobacco on this property right now, as far as I can tell. The company's headquarters is in an old farm house on the property. The company grows tobacco elsewhere locally, and ships the product to Nicaragua to be cured for two to three years, per the local TV interview linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...