Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Kickin' It Root Down in Sudbury

From Dave Brigham:

I love driving through the rural towns just west of I-95 outside Boston, with their horse corrals, small farms and vast conservation areas. Lincoln Meadows is owned by the Sudbury Valley Trustees, a land trust focused on protecting the natural resources of the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord river basins.

Located near the line with Lincoln, the meadows land is at the base of Round Hill. I'd love to know just how long this land has been farmed. According to the Trustees web site, there are community gardens on the property, and a commercial flower grower leases land and uses the root cellar pictured here (notice the AC units).

I like the look of this barn. I want to see the vehicle that the mag wheel belongs on.

For more about Sudbury, see October 20, 2017, "Dead Reckoning", August 30, 2016, "The Tavern of Death," February 17, 2016, "Bunker Buster" and October 24, 2011, "Love Barn."

For more about Lincoln, see March 27, 2017, "The Land of Lincoln" and February 27, 2017, "Stone Cold Surprise."

OK, here's your headline explainer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...