Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Train Wreck???

From Mick Melvin:

I was driving in New Britain, CT, one day and I did a double take.

Untitled

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a train sticking out of a house. It was actually a big red caboose, which is in fact, attached to the house. Well, it's actually attached to the house and another room is attached to the side of the train.

Some folks from New Britain told me the place was called Reno's Cafe. The records show it was established in 1990 and incorporated in Connecticut. I searched reviews for the place, and the last mention of the restaurant was in 2013. The review said the place was nice and it was more of a bar than a café. They actually applied for a liquor license in 2013-2014, but I could find no other mention of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Military Relics in the Home of the American Revolution

From Dave Brigham: My hour-long hike through the Annursnac-Baptist Brook Conservation Area would have been perfect, but for the distant wh...