Monday, August 20, 2012

Beer Tent

From Dave Brigham:

Beer tent #1

When I saw this lean-to along the Charles River near my house, my first thought was, "This could be a homeless camp." I remembered that a few years back some neighbors told me there was somebody living on the river bank.

But after exploring this very basic shelter, I concluded that it was more likely a teen drinking spot.

Empties

In recent weeks, however, I've come back around to my original thinking. There are definitely some homeless guys around who collect cans and bottles out of the neighborhood trash, and who fish in the river.

Obviously they're hard up, but I didn't realize to what degree until I walked past a wooden platform next to the Charles River bike path and saw some couch cushions and trash bags -- what looked very much like an effort to bring the comforts of home into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Shire of Worcester, Part the Fourth

From Dave Brigham: I explore plenty of gritty neighborhoods in service of this blog, but I rarely get the chance to make photos of strip c...