Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Little Sunbeam

From Dave Brigham:

On a recent freewheelin' backside adventure, I stopped to take a picture of an ice cream joint in Wareham, Mass., that turned out to be fairly uninteresting. But then I turned my gaze behind a little tree next to the parking lot...and fell in love.

The Sunbeam Bread brand was launched in New Bedford, about 20 miles from Wareham, in 1942 by Quality Bakers of America, per Wikipedia. The iconic Little Miss Sunbeam was created at roughly the same time by artist Ellen Segner.

I'd love to know the story behind this trailer, which appears to be in good condition. The registration appears to have expired in 2002, looking at the license plate. If anyone out there in backside land thinks they pin a date on this vehicle, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeking Out Hyde Park

From Dave Brigham: In what seems another lifetime, I played in an over-40 men's baseball league. I played many games in Hyde Park, and...