Thursday, August 29, 2019

Cranes and Monorails and Murals, Oh My!

That Rust-Hunting Guy:

Is there something wrong with me because I practically salivate when I see a scene like this?

With so much development (I know, I say this a LOT) going on in Boston, I was quite surprised to see a lot with heavy equipment and concrete blocks weighing between 4,800 and 5,300 pounds (!). This is the side yard of Leon Electric, which was founded in 1931. The company offers power equipment, scrap handling magnets, plant design services, underground wiring and much more. Located between Washington Street and Harrison Avenue, the low industrial building is bounded by Savoy and Perry streets. It is also home to American Crane & Hoist Corp. "The United States Monorail and British Monorail divisions of AC-H specialize in Monorail and Crane Systems," per the ACHC web site.

There's a cool mural on the backside of the building, along Harrison Avenue.

On the Perry Street side I found this pleasantly rusty tableau.

And around front, along Washington Street, some very important signs over the garage doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Excellent Concord Barn

From Dave Brigham: I usually get cutesy with headlines, or riff on a song title or lyric. For today's post, I went with a straight-a...