Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Prince of a Building

Dave "Scoop" Brigham:

This is 88 Prince Street in Boston's North End. At the top it reads "A DESTEFANO A 1915 D BLDG," which I thought would make it easy to find information about the building. I was wrong. I suppose when you're located just a few steps away from both the birthplace of Prince spaghetti and a famous Mafia hangout, it's easy to get overlooked. Let's just assume that among the major influx of Italians to the North End more than a hundred years ago was a family named DeStefano that did so well in manufacturing or shipping or banking that they erected this metal-fronted apartment building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Sharp Old Factory in Collinsville, CT

From Dave Brigham: Before exploring Collinsville, CT, earlier this year, I think the last (and only) time I'd been there was in the ...